Cloud integration with LMS
Over the past decade, cloud services thrust the market of online businesses with it maximal turbulence, affecting each and every function & initiative in the enterprises. Start-ups and existing businesses, from customer services to cyber cells, are invariably shifting to public, private and hybrid cloud services.
Speaking about the facts, the average employee actively uses 36 cloud services at work. Gartner predicts the worldwide public cloud services market will grow by 18% in 2017 to $246.8B, up from $209.2B in 2016. On an average, the enterprise uses 210 distinct collaboration cloud services. 18.1 percent of files uploaded to cloud-based file-sharing and collaboration services contain sensitive data. Cloud computing spending is growing at 4.5 times the rate of IT spending since 2009 and is expected to grow at better than 6 times the rate of IT spending from 2015 through 2020. The most commonly blocked cloud service is Pirate Bay.
Why are all businesses integrating their platforms with cloud-based services?
Business is not established on a single day, so leaders and team players must have a hypermetropic sightedness, to analyze the future problems and solutions. For an organization, it is very crucial to have an employee list, business proposals, tenders, services, product development, etc. as these are the backbone for their stature. They can’t rely on the hardware backup devices as it can get accidentally damaged or destroyed. So, all these documents need to be backed-up on the cloud services so that information can be retrieved from anywhere and anytime. If we speak about benefits, less cost on HDD expansion, easy to use, data can be accessed anywhere- no need to carry backup devices etc.
Cloud Services- A Robust Integration Solutions with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
Cloud server integration platform as a service takes the challenge of LMS integration. Cloud services allow LMS to link up between various applications and services, offering seamless sharing of data, user-friendly interfaces, fully customizable cloud-based LMS by which corporate and institutional trainee gets benefitted. Custom-made integration apps automate big biz processes likewise data loading and employee onboarding for LMS users. Cloud-integrated apps make sharing data between LMS, payment services, customer relationship management (CRM) and automated email services simple, eliminating the need for manual and laborious process out of the workflow.
LMS providers can deploy a powerful platform to easily create connection and simplify the online learning experiences with real-time update like single sign-on, creation of portal with addition of different course modules, reuse of videos and presentation on social media, for Android and iOS devices, course viewing and downloads online through cloud servers for offline use, support for video-conferencing platforms, gamification etc. Furthermore, mobile user interface accessibility provides flexibility and comfortability to users. LMS-Cloud integration has made the effort of trainer’s lighter than air. Integration has unified virtual classroom, social, mobile and eCommerce potential in a single, secure, and ascendable platform that can fit any organization’s training necessities.
Features offered in LMS-Cloud integrated platform are numerous:
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS): Integration with LMS manages the employee credentials, salary, account details, training modules etc. which are provided by PeopleSoft, Oracle, and SAP etc.
- Customer Relation Management (CRM): Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other Customer Relationship Management systems integration makes it easy to implement sales, customer training, and partner training programs.
- Video Conferencing: Video conferencing platforms such as Adobe Connect, GoToMeeting, Big Blue Button, WebEx, Google Hangouts, Skype, can manage remote classes, webinars or even online company events.
- ECommerce: LMS integrates with different e-Commerce platforms like Magento, PayPal, Authorize.net, Woo-commerce, etc. which supports for single sign-on, auto-enrolment, and other features.
- Content Management System (CMS): Cloud-LMS integration is available for content management systems like JOOMLA, Drupal, WordPress, allowing the businesses to manage their contents. Data sync feature enables to upload files automatically on the cloud servers.
- User authentication: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) feature lets the user access their LinkedIn, Facebook, Google account information to login into LMS for authentications. By making the login steps simpler to users increases the faster acceptance.
Integrating your LMS with Cloud services is critical to making data-driven decisions, enabling go-to-access, and optimizing training processes. By seamlessly integrating data between your LMS and cloud servers, your team will be able to uncover actionable insights about users’ behavior and drive customer adoption.
Moodle, one of the most renowned LMS platform around the globe in eLearning industry. Moodle Cloud – It creates, customizes and controls your learning environment with the world’s number one learning platform, hosted in the cloud.