Manual Enrolment In Moodle – Tips & Trick
A newbie in Moodle as a teacher are often required to do the manual enrolment of students to their Moodle course. Setting up the course for students is the primary step; secondarily the students are required to be enrolled in the courses. In the site admin, students are usually enrolled in Moodle course but it happens sometimes that you need to do manual enrolment.
In this blog, I will guide you step-by-step about how you manually enroll the students in your courses. Before starting with the manual installation first, we need to check out that “manual enrolment” setting in your site administrator has been checked. If it is not enabled, you can enable it through Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol plugins.
Terminology in Moodle:
- Authentication is the process of allowing a user to login to a Moodle site based on their username and password
- Enrolment is the process of giving permission to access your course as students in Moodle.
In order to do the manual enrolment in Moodle, it is necessary to have an account for the students on your Moodle site. A user can authenticate their credentials on Moodle by doing login via email, social media logins, LDAP server, unique login, External Database, Self-Registration etc.
A step-by-step guide to enrolling students in your course using manual enrolment methods:
- Login as teacher
- Navigate to the course
- Check whether the manual enrolment is enabled or not. To do so, go to Nav Drawer> Participants > Gear Icon > Enrolment methods.
- Configure the default setting for “Manual enrolment” for your course by clicking the Gear icon.
- In the nav drawer Participants link > Click on the gear menu to see the “Enrolled users”.
- At the top right or bottom left of the page, click on the ‘Enroll users’
- Search for the username
- Opposite to username, click on the ‘enroll’ The enroll button will disappear indicating that the user is enrolled.
- Click on ‘Finish enrolling users’
To know more about Moodle Usability and Administration best practices, follow this link – https://www.3esofttech.com/lms-consulting-services/