– Create A Marketplace To Sell Courses From Content Vendors
Moodle Magento Integration – Both of them are one of the most dominant players in the Open –Source Technologies. Irrespective of the fact that both of them are way apart in their functions, both are the branch of Content Management System. One is an LMS while other is an eCommerce platform.
Imagine if these two technologies integrated into a single platform, the potential users can easily buy courses for their organization. This is exactly what our Organization motive is – “To create a marketplace where selling courses can be done from content vendors too” – Moodle Magento Integration.
Magento is a complete open source eCommerce solution with over 150,000 online stores running on it, including some of the leading brands. Magento has 26% share of the eCommerce market and is a leader for 4 consecutive years. Magento is available in two editions, Magento Community edition, which is free, and Magento Enterprise, which is a paid version. On contrary, Moodle is open-source software Learning Management System used for blended learning, distance education, flipped classroom and other eLearning projects in schools, universities, workplaces and other sectors. The integration of these two platforms will enable a secure website, which provides different courses available on the go.
This addresses the requirement for a system where course developers can register to sell courses and users can shop and add to cart multiple courses from varied vendors and pay through an integrated payment system. Magento-Moodle integration helps the course developer to create and sell industry standard SCORM compatible courses using a popular and robust eCommerce platform with features like multi-currency and multi-store support, tax management, PCI compliance, detailed reporting on orders/sales…
Work Diagram of Moodle Magento Integration ->
The flowchart below explains how the integration of Moodle-Magento works in parallel.
What are the benefits of Moodle Magento Integration?
- Single Sign On (SSO) – Unified control of students accounts from either Moodle or Magento.
- Account Sync and Course Enrolment.
- Easy setup of Moodle courses in Magento.
- Account settings change – password change, account deletion etc. are sync up from Moodle to Magento or vice versa.
- SCORM compatible courses in Moodle, using eCommerce platform – Magento with features like multi-currency and multi-store support, tax management, PCI compliance etc.
- Marketplace management like PayPal payments, Vendor reviews etc.
Who else will get the benefits?
- Ecommerce Marketplace Businesses
- Training Institutions
- E-learning Content Developers
- E-learning Marketplace Businesses.
3E Software Solutions – Magento-Moodle integration offers “best of the both platforms” for someone who requires an eLearning or an eCommerce system with an additional requirement from the other platform. “Magento-Moodle integration is a huge improvement over other methods that rely on selling the “access methods” rather than the courses themselves.
Read our press release document here